*Feature not available on mobile apps
Measure a distance:
- Choose Map from the Main Menu to your left.
- Select the Measure a distance icon from the tool panel.
- Click your starting point ‘a’ on the map using your mouse.
- If you move your mouse you will see a line form beside it, calculating distance from your point ‘a’.
- Click again in a desired spot, and the measurement will calculate a total from point ‘a’ to point ‘b’.
- To finish the Line double click on point ‘b’.
Measure an area
- Select the pentagon icon from the tool panel.
- Next select where you want to start measuring the area.
- Click your way around the area you want to measure.
- Click on point ‘a’ and the area will be finished, and calculated.
Notes for Measuring Tools:
- None of these shapes and lines you create will be saved if you leave the map and come back. The tools are designed for single use – Print or Save to PDF.
- These tools are useful if you want to print off the shapes you created for a single use task or hazard maps.
- You can delete any shape and line you have drawn by clicking Clear at the top left of the map.